Feroglide bearings are used extensively by valve manufacturers due to the material’s ability to maintain low friction under heavy loads. Feroglide bearings are known as the market leader in terms of bearing capacity and working life. This is made possible thanks to the specialist reinforcement of the PTFE bearing surface.
Feroglide bearings operate over a wide range of load, speed, and temperature conditions because they are composite in nature and thus do not have the cold flow tendencies of solid PTFE or and filled PTFE materials. Thanks to the specialist self-lubrication, Feroglide bearings are a superior replacement for greased metallic parts.
Feroglide bearings operate at extreme cold and extreme hot temperatures, beyond the range of most lubricants. Working conditions of -150 °C to +300 °C are common for Feroglide. Feroglide maintains a consistently tight fit about the shaft, made possible by its superior thermal stability. This ensures best bearing support for rotating parts, thus improving performance of a valve.
The extended work life means they operate with a “fit and forget” function. This is especially beneficial in sub-sea, oil and gas, platform, and other remote operations.
Typical successful installations include valves reliable bearing rotation performance is critical to the function of the valve. This requires consistently low operating force, reliable sealing performance, and low rates of wear.
Feroglide bearings are well suited for use in high pressure valves where they effectively support a ball or shaft against side loads whilst allowing low operating torques and minimal wear. This is particularly important for control applications with higher operating cycles. Feroglide bearings have superior wear performance and this helps to ensure the ball or shaft continues to rotate concentrically, whilst also reduce damaging side loads on seals.
Tenmat is a proven partner for hydro power sector.
- Fit and forget valves with longer service life: Feroglide has superior life time, thanks to its excellent resistance to wear, abrasive environments and particles, corrosion, chemicals, cavitation, and temperatures.
- Reduced maintenance of valve: Feroglide reduces maintenance need of a valve.
- Better performance of valve rotation, control, and sealing: No Stick or slip from these low-friction self-lubricating bearings
- Cryogenic and high-temp installation
- Environmental protection: Feroglide is self-lubricating and lead free, which means no lubricating oil is needed, avoiding all risk of leak and pollution into environment
- Reduced cost of operation