Ferobide in mining
Ferobide is a reliable solution for protecting wear parts during difficult open pit or underground mining operations. Ferobide is trusted across the globe to help users by minimising equipment downtime, reducing costs by preventing wearpart damage and extending service life to deliver long-lasting results.
Ferobide is the ideal protection for mining operations which depend on wear-resistant linings that are used in chutes, buckets, conveyors, augers, dumpers and more. Being extremely wear resistant, Ferobife is an optimal choice for reinforcing hard wearing areas of larger systems to reach a balanced life.
- Avoid downtime, increase part lifetime: Ferobide helps avoid equipment downtime and increases part lifetime. This reduces the time spent replacing worn parts and increases the uptime of machinery.
- Improved mining profits: Ferobide helps to reduce spend on wearing metal and avoids unplanned downtime which in turn improves profit and efficiency.
- Easy to install, quick for repairs: standard MMA and MIG welding methods can be used to install Ferobide tiles and Ferobide can be welded to any position, where brazing tungsten or gluing ceramics cannot be used.
- Reduced diesel use: the attractive wear-performance to weight ratio of Ferobide gives maximum wear protection without increasing weight.
- Increase payload: the low weight to wear ratio also allows weight savings to be made on equipment such as buckets which allows an increase in payload or a reduction of tyre and linkage wear.
- Reduced capital tied to inventory: for manufacturers, distributors, and repairers, a small number of Ferobide SKUs stocked can be used for a wide range of parts. This reduces capital held in stocks.
- Protect investment: Ferobide longer lasting than conventional wear materials such as overlay plates, white iron and AR steels which greatly increase the overall life of parts and achieve maximum output from machinery.
Ferobide increases part lifetime, which reduces the time spent replacing worn parts and increases uptime of machinery.
Ferobide can be installed using standard MMA and MIG welding methods and can be welded to any position, where brazing tungsten or gluing ceramics cannot be used.
Ferobide reduces spend on wear materials and avoids unplanned maintenance stops.
The attractive wear-performance to weight ratio of Ferobide gives maximum wear protection whilst decreasing the weight of machinery, allowing payload to increase for applications such as buckets and dumpers..
Ferobide is very versatile, allowing manufacturers, distributors and repairers to cover a wide range of applications with a small number of SKUs, reducing stocking and inventory capital.
Sliding Wear – Ferobide is built to withstand the toughest conditions
No matter what environment you work in, Ferobide stays strong and tough against the effects of rocks, coal, sand, scrap metal, minerals, and other abrasive materials and conditions. Ferobide is proven in the field as being an abrasion-resistant composite of choice that can help improve the service life of parts and equipment that face these challenges daily.
In sliding wear applications, Ferobide provides excellent wear protection outlasting conventional wear resistant materials.
- Thanks to Ferobide’s hardness, wear is minimised as the edges of abrasive material cannot cut as easily into the hard surface.
- Ferobide’s performance isn’t just at surface level. Hardness and durability run all the way through Ferobide wear parts.
- Whatever you need Ferobide for, you’ll find a range of grades and dimensions to suit your application.