FEROGLIDE bearings consist of a woven PTFE fabric with strengthening fibres applied to a metal backing. FEROGLIDE bearings are typically used in valves, hydro power equipment, lifting equipment and many other applications. Valve manufacturers value the FEROGLIDE stainless steel and Inconel 625 grades due to their high load carrying capability and chemical resistance.
FEROGLIDE bearings are supplied with a range of metal backings. These include inconel, stainless steel, carbon steel, and bronze. FEROGLIDE bearings are supplied as coiled bearings, thrust washers, and solid cylindrical bearings.
- Are self lubricating and operate without external lubrication.
- Are free from stick slip, giving easy movement and operation.
- Are composite in nature and do not have the cold flow tendencies of solid and filled PTFE resins.
- Have high wear resistance giving long life.
- Can operate at temperatures beyond the range of most lubricants -150C to +300C
- Are corrosion resistant so can be used with aggressive liquids such as sea water, gasoline, acids, detergent solutions, hydraulic oils, ammonium hydroxide, oils.
- Are strong and can carry loads up to 420 N/mm2 for stainless steel and Inconel.
- Have good dimensional stability and the capacity to be formed to close tolerances.