REFRAVER S is a silicone treated glass cement composite provide outstanding service in demanding thermal applications where a quality high strength machinable engineering board is required with low water absorption and the retention of good electrical properties even in humid conditions.
REFRAVER engineering cement boards are typically used as insulators for processes, which utilise very high voltages either together with, or to generate high temperatures. REFRAVER has excellent resistance to electrical and thermal shocks, is non combustible and can operate at temperatures up to 500°C. Major switchgear manufacturers use REFRAVER S for the most arduous applications. REFRAVER S is used in transport and power switchgear arc chutes, circuit breakers, snuffer boxes and electrical containment in general. REFRAVER S is also used in the aluminium smelting industry where thermal and electrical insulation is required. An example of this type of application would be crust breaker insulators which prevents shorting in the electrolysis pot.
Standard sheet sizes are 960 x 1450 mm, with thickness between 5 and 50 mm. Alternatively, machined components are available on request to customer drawings.
- Non combustible
- High temperature resistance
- Good electrical properties at elevated temperatures
- Capable of being machined to customer specifications
- Excellent resistance to thermal shock
- High mechanical strength at elevated temperature
- Excellent Electrical Insulation
- Low Water Absorption
- Suitable for Application up to 500°C
- Proven Performance
- Trusted by Industry Leaders Globally
- REFRAVER S is specified by some of the World’s most prestigious companies, e.g. the French railways SNCF, the Belgian railways, the underground systems in Paris, Milan, and Chile, where it is approved under the arduous ST273 Cat 2 test protocol.