Aluminium primary production and secondary processing plants benefit from the use of TENMAT’s extensive range of products wherever heat must be contained, electrical energy controlled or wear resisted. TENMAT products offer cost effective solutions to improve energy utilisation, reduce weight and operating costs and increase life cycle operation.
Non-Ferrous Metal Production
- HIGH TEMPERATURE CEMENT BOARD L23 is used in the potroom in strip form between pot covers and cathode frames and in pad or plate forms between the anode support, the control gear and the super structure.
- H91 and REFRAVER are ideal materials for crust breaker discs, busbar and primary frame insulation and door frames.
- ARCLEX and L23 provides the necessary electrical insulation of the cathode frame on its concrete base and to insulate busbars from the steel retaining and cathode frames.
- FIREFLY FF700 millboard is a popular choice for many sealing requirements including syphon tube gaskets in molten metal transfer equipment.
- FIREFLY FF700 millboard provides the insulating layer between the crucible and its hot face refractory lining, reducing heat losses thereby maintaining melt temperature longer. It is also used underneath the pots. FF700 possesses the necessary strength to be used as a permanent former when casting concrete.
- Inside the electrolysis pot FIREFLY FF700 millboard shields the anodes in order to exclude alumina whilst gas heating takes place during start up. Once operating temperature is reached the millboard becomes a sacrificial component in the pot.
- RF1000 grade products are used as the insulation in crucibles, transport ladles and launder systems ensuring cost effective maintenance of liquid metal temperature for long periods of time.
- CS1150 pouring nozzles have replaced conventional calcium silicate and cast iron tubes for flow control of liquid aluminium.
- NITRASIL greatly extends the working life of graphite shafts used in rotary degassing equipment.
- NITRASIL can be easily formed into extrusion nozzles.
- NITRASIL thermocouple sheaths offer alternatives to Syalon and silicon carbide.
- NITRASIL is hard and wear resistant. Its use as seats and pistons in valving operations ensures trouble free performance.
- REFRAVER is used to resist attacks by fluorine in electrical and thermal environments.
|Electrolysis: pot cover insulation, cathode frame insulation, superstructure insulation||L23|
|Crust breaker insulation||H91 / REFRAVER|
|Cathode frame and busbar insulation||ARCLEX / L23|
|Syphon tube gaskets||FIREFLY FF700|
|Crucible insulation||FIREFLY FF700|
|Tap out cones||CS1150|