Tenmat’s FF102/50, Ventilated Cavity Fire Barriers, are manufactured from a low smoke zero halogen high expansion intumescent material. They are designed to reinstate fire resisting performance to external wall cavities that are required to be ventilated (open-state) in non-fire conditions.
The FF102/50 is manufactured from a rigid intumescent material allowing it to be provided in a strip format, it is also covered with a protective layer of aluminium foil for ease of handling.
The products hold 3rd Party Certification after having undergone extensive fire testing following the principles of BS EN1363-1 and in accordance with ASFP TGD19 (Fire Resistance Test for ‘Open-State’ Cavity Barriers).
In the event of a fire the FF102/50 intumescent strips will expand to close the external wall cavity, providing effective fire resistance, for integrity and insulation for up to 120 minutes depending upon the construction of the external walls.
The FF102/50 is designed for use within cavities of up to 50mm and once installed will close the remaining free air gap in front of the 6mm cavity barrier of up to a maximum of 44mm (depending on construction type).
No active maintenance required, where alterations are made around the product it should be checked visually to ensure that the product is still installed as per the approved original design and fitting instructions at the time of original installation.
- 3rd Party Certification from IFC Certification
- CCPI Verified
- An “open state” cavity fire barrier for use horizontally within uninsulated, ventilated and drained cavities
- Fire Rated for up to 120 minutes for both integrity and insulation when tested to the general principles of BS EN 1363-1 following ASFP TGD 19 guidance
- Ventilated design – developed to allow maximum ventilation and drainage of cavities reducing the need for cavity trays or weepholes
- Suitable for “open-state” ventilated cavities up to 50mm wide
- Provided in Intumescent strips of 1m long, 75mm wide and 6mm thick
- Lightweight – designed to be easily and quickly installed
- No maintenance required after installation
Fire Test Approvals
The products hold 3rd Party Certification from IFC Certification in conjunction with a Field of Application Report from IFC Ltd following extensive fire testing following the principles of BS EN1363-1 and in accordance with ASFP TGD19 (Fire Resistance Test for ‘Open-State’ Cavity Barriers).
|FF102 50 Bim Download (RFA)
|FF102 50 Datasheet
|Cavity Fire Barriers for External Weatherboards Datasheet