The FF102/25 Ventilated Fire Barriers are high expansion intumescent seals offering industry leading performance as Ventilated Cavity Fire Barriers / ‘Open State’ Cavity Fire Barriers. The products have undergone extensive fire testing and are suitable for use within the majority of construction types, enabling the versatile system to be specified with confidence and provide the installer with a simple, time saving and site friendly solution.
The FF102/25 Ventilated Fire Barriers are rigid, high expansion intumescent strips encased in aluminium foil. The FF102/25 can be mechanically fixed horizontally within ventilated cavities behind rainscreen or cladding systems to act as a cavity fire barrier.
- An “Open State” cavity fire barrier for use horizontally within uninsulated, ventilated and drained cavities
- CCPI Verified
- Fire Rated for up to 60 minutes for both integrity and insulation when tested to the general principles of BS EN 1363-1 following ASFP TGD 19 guidance
- Ventilated design – developed to allow maximum ventilation and drainage of cavities reducing the need for cavity trays or weepholes
- Suitable for “Open-State” ventilated cavities up to 25mm wide
- Provided in strips of 1m long, 35mm wide and 4mm thick
- Lightweight – designed to be easily and quickly installed
- No maintenance required after installation
Fire Test Approvals
The product is covered by a Field of Application Report from IFC Ltd following extensive fire testing following the principles of BS EN1363-1 and in accordance with ASFP TGD19 (Fire Resistance Test for ‘Open-State’ Cavity Barriers).
Field of Application Report PAR 23492 01