Tenmat’s Downlight Fire Hoods (DFH) are designed to reinstate the fire resistance performance of ceilings and/or floor joist constructions where downlighters have been installed.
Tenmat’s Downlight Fire Hoods are manufactured from halogen free intumescent material and are designed to reinstate the fire and acoustic performance of ceilings and/or floor constructions when penetrated by downlighters or blank openings if lights are removed for maintenance. The DFH is made from an intumescent flexible mineral wool material allowing it to be installed through the hole cut into the ceiling membrane, before springing back into shape to cover the light fitting, whilst allowing enough space between the hood and the light fitting to allow for normal operation of the light fitting.
The DFH also includes small ventilation holes, which allows hotter operating downlighters to ventilate, a small pre-cut hole for the light fitting cable to pass through and a steel clip to hold the hood in place. In the event of a fire the DFH intumescent material will expand to enclose the ceiling cutout, cable and ventholes, providing effective fire resistance, for integrity (E) and insulation (I) for 30, 60 or 120 (EI 30/60/120) depending upon the ceiling and floor joist construction, even if the downlight is removed and replaced.
|OD x H||Downlighter Cut Out D||Downlighter H|
|150 x 150||50-75|
|200 x 200||75-100|
|250 x 250||100-140|
|300 x 170||145-270||≤ 170|
|350 x 230||145-270||≤ 230|
- A fire rated product, reinstating ceiling fire protection up to EI 120
- Tested for minimal acoustic noise transfer, ideal for multi-home buildings
- Ventilated design – developed to reduce heat build-up within the Firehood enclosure using a ventilated system
- Suitable for halogen and LED’s – available in 3 sizes: 150 x 150 mm, 200 x 200 mm, 250 x 250 mm
- Flexible and lightweight – designed to be easily and quickly installed from below ceilings with no special tools required
- Compatible with new and retrofit solutions – does not need to be removed when changing light fittings
- No maintenance required after installation
Fire Test Approvals
Suspended Ceiling and Timber, Steel or Concrete Beam / Joist protected by plasterboard Assessment No.: CHILT / A02105 Rev B / Chiltern Int. Fire
Fire rated ceiling / floor systems protecting timber joists, steel joist systems and concrete floor: AS1530.4 Assessment No.: FAR 2032 / BRANZ Fire Rating: FRL 60 / 60 / 60
Luminaires, Luminaire Assemblies and Luminaire Enclosures Certified for Fire Resistance: UL R25019
Tested to ASTM E119, UBC 7 1, NFPA 251, ASI A2.1
Acoustic Testing Approvals
FF109 Covers have undergone acoustic testing in separating and internal ceiling / floor constructions and have been shown to reinstate acoustic insulation in line with Approved Document E, following the fitting of downlights.
Certificate No.: 213942 / BRE