Many fires are due to the presence of downlights recessed in the ceiling that has not been protected from the risk of fire starting. These conditions have led the CCFTA to create new standards with the obligation to install approved fire hoods for downlights.
The FF120 RF Loft Cover provides a protective barrier over recessed ceiling fixtures such as LED and halogen down- lights; ensuring attic/loft insulation does not directly contact the downlight or ceiling accessory. The FF120 RF Loft Cover design provides sufficient ventilation around the downlight for heat dissipation.
In 2016, a procedure (Avis Technique) was created by CSTB N° 3693-V2 for the safe protection of recessed downlights. The CCFTA decided to develop a standard for insulation works in loft / attic spaces and created the NF DTU 41.10 and NF DTU 45.11.
The FF120 RF also provides dust particle ingress protection to limit airborne combustible materials from coming into contact with downlights and is tested to the IP6X and IP4X ratings.
Fire Hoods for Downlights Product Benefits
- Prevents contact between downlights and insulation materials
- Suitable for a range of insulation types including blown-in, loose fill and rolls
- Prevents thermal bridging
- Allows for continuous insulation to be installed over the FF120 RF Loft Cover
- No assembly
- Suits all the most common downlight types
- Energy saving
|French Loft Covers Datasheet|