Tenmat’s CavGuard Roll 65 is a cavity fire barrier designed to firestop the cavity behind external walls consisting of outer substrates of masonry or brickwork. The low smoke zero halogen highly expansive intumescent material allows ventilation to be maintained in non-fire conditions.
The CavGuard Roll 65 is made from a flexible intumescent material allowing it to be provided in a roll format. With a thickness of only 6mm, the low profile design offers significant space and labour saving over traditional cavity socks, whilst also ensuring the external cavity is left unobstructed and free to ventilate. It is also covered with a protective layer of polythene for ease of handling and to protect it from water.
In the event of a fire the CavGuard Roll 65’s intumescent material will expand to close the external wall cavity, providing effective fire resistance, for integrity (E) and insulation (I) for 60 minutes* depending upon the construction of the external wall cavity. The CavGuard Roll 65 is designed to close off a total cavity of 65mm which allows for building tolerances of up to 15mm (above the typical maximum cavity
ventilation requirements of 50mm).
- A fire rated product, providing fire resistance performance within external wall cavities, for periods up to 60 minutes (EI60)*
- Suitable for masonry and brickwork external substrates only
- Ventilated design – developed to allow maximum ventilation of uninsulated cavities reducing the need for cavity trays or weepholes.
- Suitable for ventilated cavities up to 65mm wide, including building tolerances of up to 15mm (50mm + 15mm)
- Provided in rolls of 6.3m long
Installation and maintenance
- Flexible and lightweight – designed to be easily and quickly installed
- No maintenance required after installation