Tenmat manufactures 100% non-asbestos insulation materials, and offers a full arc chute refurbishment service to make arc chutes safe.
For operators who want full peace of mind by fully eliminating exposure risk to asbestos fibres, Tenmat provides 25+ years of experience in full arc chute refurbishment, covering acceptance of properly wrapped chutes and safe disposal of material, to replacement with 100% non-hazardous materials and final chute reassembly.
Current UK legislation requires owners of asbestos containing chutes to:
- 1.Have a register of where asbestos is located.
- Draw up a management plan for said asbestos
- If the Arc Chutes are still in service, they must be in good condition.
- If maintenance is to be undertaken on the chutes themselves, or on other machinery in their vicinity, strict asbestos combat and arrestment measures must be put in place to protect workers.
- Ensure all relevant workers are trained for asbestos risk management
- If the Arc Chutes are ever removed from site, they must have the asbestos removed and properly disposed of.
One option is to leave such chutes well alone, keeping a record and managing in a reactive fashion.
For full peace of mind, the other option is proper arc chute refurbishment. This completely eliminates all risk of asbestos exposure from arc chutes.
Tenmat provides a full arc chute refurbishment service.
Tenmat is the only company to knowledge which can offer the following to European customers, all in one complete service:
- has the facilities to and is happy to accept (properly double-wrapped and labelled white chrysotile) asbestos-containing-materials,
- has certified asbestos disposal processes, and safe chute dismantling & reassembly, 3] can supply fully audited paperwork to prove disposal of asbestos and its replacement with the 100 non-hazardous Arclex/High Temperature Cemen Boards/Refraver materials,
- can draught full CAD drawings of original asbestos parts, and drawings of entire assemblies for where no drawing exists,
- owns the Arclex/High Temperature Cement Boards/Refraver material and all of its manufacturing IP,
- has full drawings of arc chutes from all major brands (we do a lot of the drawings ourselves from disassembled arc chutes),
- has 25+ years’ experience in the refurbishment of asbestos-containing arc chutes.
High Performance, 100% non-hazardous materials from Tenmat
TENMAT ARCLEX, High Temperature Cement Boards and REFRAVER materials are the leading non-asbestos materials on the market today. Our materials withstand extreme electrical and thermal environments, and are specified worldwide on equipment from Reyrolle, GE, English Electric. Hawker Siddeley, Whipp & Bourne, Holec, Lucy & Co., and many more.
ARCLEX was specially designed with and for Reyrolle as the leading asbestos replacement, today fully approved for many arc-containment applications.
REFRAVER is the material trusted by leading rail authorities, being approved to the distinguished SNCF St. 273 cat. 2 level. REFRAVER excels around the world in Railway Switchgear applications due to its unique combination of high strength and superb electrical and thermal insulation properties.