Tenmat’s CavGuard Roll 50 is a cavity fire barrier designed to firestop the cavity behind external walls consisting of outer substrates of masonry or brickwork. The low smoke zero halogen highly expansive intumescent material allows ventilation to be maintained in non-fire conditions.
The CavGuard Roll 50 is made from a flexible intumescent material allowing it to be provided in a roll format. With a thickness of only 4mm, the low profile design offers significant space and labour saving over traditional cavity socks, whilst also ensuring the external cavity is left unobstructed and free to ventilate. It is also covered with a protective layer of polythene for ease of handling and to protect it from water.
In the event of a fire the CavGuard Roll 50 intumescent material will expand to close the external wall cavity, providing effective fire resistance, for integrity (E) and insulation (I) for up to 60 minutes (EI60)* depending upon the inner and outer substrates of the external wall system. The CavGuard Roll 50 is designed to close a free air cavity of 46mm.
- A fire rated product, providing fire resistance performance within
cavities and concealed spaces, for periods up to EI 60 minutes*
- Suitable for masonry and brickwork external substrates only
- Ventilated design – developed to allow maximum ventilation of
uninsulated cavities reducing the need for cavity trays or weepholes
- Suitable for ventilated cavities up to 50mm wide
- Provided in rolls of 6.3m long, 75mm wide and 4mm thick
- Low Profile, offering space and labour saving
Installation and Maintenance
- Flexible and lightweight – designed to be easily and quickly installed
- No maintenance required after installation